Logansport IN: The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department has announced that the Fairview Park Playground and the adjacent shelter will be renovated beginning August 1, 2022. At that time, the current facilities will be demolished and no longer available. Tentatively, the new playground will be built in September, and the new shelter will be built in October with a completion date at the end of October.
The tentative timeline for work is as follows:
- August 1st : Removal of electric & water lines
- August 3rd : Demolition of current playground and upper shelter
- August 15th: Layout defined of new playground, swings, parking, & shelter
- August 22nd: Holes dug for playground & swings
- September 5: Construction of playground begins
Construction of shelter begins by the students of the Century Career Center Building Trades classes
- September 9: “Community Build” of the playground amenities & swings during Live United Day
- September 26: Poured -In-Place Safety Surfacing installed
- October 3: Grand Entrance construction to begin
- October 27: Completion of construction of shelter & grand entrance
- October 31: Ribbon cutting!
The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department/Foundation (LPRD/F) and the Logansport Community School Corporation(LCSC) are partnering to fund and construct this new playground and shelter at Fairview Park. The current playground was built in 1998, and has served the park, school, and community very well. It has several pieces that require replacement, and a full renovation was determined to be the best course of action.
The new playground at Fairview Park will provide several new opportunities for children of all abilities. Several features were chosen around the likes, ideas and interests of the students at Fairview School. The new playground will feature 8 swings, a net-climber, a triple slide, stationary musical instruments, an independent spinner, and ramps that provide access to several additional pieces for children using wheelchairs. It will be a wonderful facility for children of ALL abilities!
The new playground and shelter are being paid for by the City of Logansport, the Logansport Community School Corporation, and the Logansport Redevelopment Commission. The grand entrance of the new playground is being paid for by the Cass County Community Foundation. Security Federal Savings Bank will be the primary sponsor of the new shelter at Fairview Park.
The Logansport Parks Department has expressed their hope that the community be patient for this new playground and shelter at Fairview Park. The plan is to open the playground and swings as soon as all the safety surfacing is in place.
Those with questions may contact the Logansport Parks & Recreation office at 574-753-6969 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification.
SOURCE: News release from Logansport Parks and Recreation Department