The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department has announced that Spencer Park is ready for sledding when snow arrives. Sledding is one of the best activities in town when the heavy snows come and school’s out! Sliding down the hill in the snow is a lot of fun for all ages.
Logansport Parks want sledders to have fun, but ask that they keep safe when participating in this wonderful winter tradition! The following sledding rules are for safety:
- It is recommended that all persons occupied in downhill winter recreational activities (sledding,
snowboarding, tubing) wear personal safety equipment consisting of protective helmets. Failure to
wear protective equipment exposes users to risk of bone fracture, concussion and other serious or
fatal injury upon falling or collision with other users.
- Children, 10 years of age and under, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proceed downhill when clear of other persons.
- Spectators must stay clear of the sledding area.
- No other items such as benches, tables, wood materials or other objects used as ramps or jumps are allowed on the sledding hill.
- Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department has the right to close the downhill winter recreation
locations to the public at any time without notice.
- Please report maintenance concerns to the Logansport Parks Department at 574- 753-6969. A message may be left 24 hours a day.
Warning: Downhill winter recreational activities are not supervised. Any use of Logansport Parks for downhill recreational activities is at your own risk.